- Damaged Light Switch – The exterior plate of a light switch is visible inside the home. This makes it easy to visually inspect the component from time to time. Unfortunately, the interior panel, with the most vital technologies is not visible from inside the home. Replace the device when the toggle switch becomes loose, the panel breaks, or it emits a burning odor.
- Exposed Electrical Cable – Devices connect to the electrical system via an extension cord or cable. In some cases, it is impossible to protect an electrical cable from danger. Manufacturers utilize durable rubber or plastic material to protect the internal wiring. However, there is the possibility of damage due to mishaps.
- Malfunctioning Light Fixtures – Do you ever ask yourself how long do light fixtures last? Well, the answer is not as simple as one may initially think. There are several factors that determine the service life of ceiling lights, floor lamps, sconces, bathroom vanity lights, garage lights, and landscape lighting. The first sign of a damaged light fixture is flickering.
- Damaged Appliances – Modern homes can have dozens of small and large appliances. The washer, dryer, microwave, stove, range, heating & air conditioning unit, and ceiling fan are continuously connected to the electrical system. Humidifiers, laptops, tablets, mobile phones, hand tools, and iPads are only temporarily connected to the electrical system. Damaged appliances will not turn on or cut on and off without an explanation.
- Damaged Receptacles – A damaged outlet may be warm to touch, broken, or inoperable. Inspect each receptacle before and after each use. It is crucial to not overload receptacles. If there are only two outlets, only plug two devices, to avoid an electrical overload.
- Damaged Circuit Breakers – The most common sign it is time to replace a circuit breaker is frequent tripping. However, when the circuit breaker completely malfunctions, it will not trip during an electrical overload.
Are you worried that your home has a Federal Pacific electrical panel? Unfortunately, you’re not alone. The company created electrical panels for many years. They