Every home in the country should have several smoke detectors. It is vital to prepare for problems because you never know when sone is going to occur. While carbon monoxide detectors are important, you cannot ignore smoker detectors. They’re equally vital because house fires are common. Unfortunately, many people have died because their homes didn’t have a smoke detector. Reports indicate that roughly three of five deaths during a house fire happened in a residence without a smoke alarm. In 21% of cases, the smoke alarm wasn’t working.
Many homeowners have smoke alarms installed, but they do not properly maintain them. Instead, they let the batteries die and never place them. It happens because people are busy and work around the clock. Nevertheless, you can’t be negligent because it could cost your life.
Installing Smoke Detectors
It is pertinent to use smoke detectors because they will save your life. If you want to simplify this issue, you should purchase and install battery-powered models. They’re convenient because they’re so easy to install. All you have to do is add batteries and mount the alarms using the included screws. It is a good idea to test them before you finish. You’ll also want to use wired alarms too. We can help you install these alarms.
FAQs About Smoke Detector Installation
It is vital to properly install smoke detectors to ensure that you’re going to be protected to the fullest. Otherwise, you might not be warned in time. Furthermore, you need to make sure that your smoke detectors are properly maintained. Use the advice below.
- Check your batteries and make sure they’re replaced every 12 months or more often.
- Install them in the correct locations.
- You may need special smoke alarms for people who have hearing impairments.
- It is wise to replace your smoke detectors at least every 10 years.
- As for lithium battery-powered alarms, they need to be replaced every ten years. Alternatively, you can replace the battery.
- Hard-wired smoke detectors should be backed up by batteries.
The price of smoker detectors can vary. It usually depends on the features and type. On average, you should expect to pay as little as $10 and up to $50. If you buy hard-wired alarms, you’ll also need to pay for installation services.
Again, you need to make sure that you install your alarms in the right spots. Otherwise, they won’t help.
- Each level in your home should have a smoke detector.
- It is wise to install a smoke detector in every bedroom.
- Smoke detectors should be installed within 15 feet of your bedroom doors.
- Install them high up on the walls or the ceiling because smoke is going to rise.
- Be sure to keep your smoker detector away from your stove, oven, and fireplace. Otherwise, you’ll set it off too often. Also, keep it away from your shower.
- Never install hard-wire detectors on circuits that can be turned on and off using a switch.
If you need assistance, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Is your smoke detector beeping for no particular reason? If so, you need to find out what is going on. In some cases, you’ll need to change the battery. In general, this is the most common cause. However, it could be another issue too. Try setting the smoke detector to see if that helps.
These alarms are hard-wired. They’re going to be connected to your home’s electrical system. Usually, they feature CO detectors too.
Do you need to purchase a smoke detector for your residence? Be sure to pick a good brand. Some of the best brands are Kidde and First Alert. Be sure to read reviews to find out which model will work best for you.
Our Service Area
Zip Cods We Service
98516, 98499, 98498, 98493, 98497, 98492, 98481, 98477, 98467, 98471, 98466, 98465, 98460, 98464, 98455, 98450, 98446, 98447, 98445, 98443, 98444, 98442, 98439, 98433, 98438, 98431, 98430, 98424, 98422, 98421, 98418, 98416, 98415, 98413, 98412, 98411, 98409, 98408, 98407, 98406, 98405, 98404, 98403, 98402, 98401, 98395, 98394, 98390, 98388, 98387, 98375, 98374, 98373, 98372, 98371, 98360, 98359, 98354, 98352, 98351, 98349, 98335, 98333, 98332, 98329, 98327, 98322, 98303, 98198, 98188, 98166, 98148, 98093, 98092, 98089, 98071, 98070, 98064, 98063, 98047, 98054, 98035, 98032, 98030, 98031, 98023, 98003, 98013, 98002, 98001.